PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Embraer 145 tech help
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 16:57
cheesypeas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Embraer 145 tech help

Hi - I work for a UK operator flying the Embraer 145.

When I test the ice protection system on the ground with the engines off, you normally get a few EICAS messages that signify that the system is working - "Ice Det 1(2) Fail", "Bleed 1(2) Lo Temp" and "Ice Condition".

However, quite often you get additional messages that shouldn't pop up - i.e. "Wing A/Ice Fail" and "Stab A/Ice Fail". To me this indicates that the test has failed but I am a bit confused about this - i.e. why do these additional messages sometimes appear and do they mean that the equipment isn't working? Even if they do appear, the engineers say that it is OK and the system always works as it should in the air!

We also test the system sometimes at the holding point with all engines running and occasionally you'll get the same messages appearing. Several times people have returned aeroplanes and cancelled flights as a result of these messages but the thing always seems to work when it actually detects ice in the air.

Can anybody shed any light on this and offer some thoughs on why these messages appear and if it is a problem??

Ta
xx