PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAI:PAX storm into first class at 35,000ft (MERGED)
Old 6th May 2006, 15:24
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are cabin crews assigned to certain sections of the aircraft
Yes

if this is the case then crews in first would have been underworked
Not necessarily, they might have done what a lot of other airlines do, and only have a specific cabin crew compliment appropriate to the amount of pax booked in first, and have the remainder allocated to economy. I believe BA do something like this where on some flights, an aircraft might have 5 crew, but on other occasions only 4 crew - it depends on pax loads in business/first etc.

Perhaps some one could explain to a mere ground hog, how people moving from economy class to first class could endanger an aircraft? surley there must be a more appropriate charge?
I agree partly with what you are saying (I am cabin crew), but the pax have paid to travel economy and to travel in first you should be paying more. If a pax is asked to do something and they refuse, then they are considered to be disobeying the lawful commands of the commander, as issued thru the cabin crew. If a pax refuses to sit in their assigned seat, how do you know they will do what they are told to do in the event of an emergency?

If PIA let these passengers get away with their self-upgrade, what is to stop pax on another flight doing the same thing? You have to have pax sitting in their assigned seats as load sheets for cargo & baggage would be worked out according to where the pax were supposed to be sitting. And let's say worse case scenario, there was a hull loss, pax records would show Mr Smith in say 26F but if he had 'upgraded' himself to 10A then the families may not possibly know what happened to their loved one if the seat from 26F survived but the seat from 10A was BBQ'd