PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 14:28
Down 4 Reprogram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Home to Duty (HTD)

Hoots,
After much scratching of the head and digging around on the intranet I managed to actually put in a manual HTD claim and get it accepted!

If you travel more than 240 days per year you can claim automatically, and it just gets added to your pay. If you get detached/deployed alot, and lets face it who doesn't these days, then you have to claim manually using JPA iExpenses.

The secret is to use the receipt based tab, not the mileage based one that you and I both thought the most obvious. As you spotted the latter option is only if you carry extra passengers on your journeys.

You put in a date the claim was incurred (say 1 Apr 06) and how many days you travelled. It is then up to you to calculate how much you can claim. Here you will need to get hold of a copy of JSP752 or find the signal giving the rates (intranet access probably required for either). For me with HTD(Private) I now get the Public Car Rate of 26.2p per mile. Don't forget you need to deduct your personal Contribution (PC) of 9 miles each way for private homes. The PC for HTD(Public) is one mile each way I think. Now tot it all up and stick it in the amount claimed box - phew!

Example.
If you live 20 miles from work, you can claim 22 miles for a return journey
((20 - 9) * 2)
This works out to £5.76 per day (22 * 26.2p)

I don't know if the system still stands that you can claim full mileage (i.e. no PC) if you travel more than 5 days per week.

Hope this helps to get you started

D4R