PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 10:00
Ardacre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PP, NSF

I am sorry that my deluded colleagues are not listening to you,

Silverhawk you are trying to sound like a well seasoned veteran i.e. ‘I suspect this is a ploy to engage the workforce in a manner less influential than union representation. Do not fall for this tactic’.

In your actions by trying to mobilise the pilot community to join TGWU you are in fact showing you naivety. Listen to the above posts by what are well versed members of BALPA affiliated airlines that have been given through proper negotiation the T&C’s that they the pilots deserve. I indirectly know PP and his knowledge of union assistance is about as spot on as it gets.
As for NSF I don’t know him but his last post is in reality a spot on assessment of our airline management here at JET2.

As professional pilots we have spent and studied a great deal and in return do (or should do in our case at Jet2) receive salary and benefits that recognise this.
The TGWU will not recognise any of this and we will all be lumped in the same pot as the office staff, cabin crew etc. When it comes down to negotiation we will not receive the level of improvements that we deserve.

I realise that the Silverhawk and pilothouse are veterans of the Manchester crew room and have the respect of the newer f/o’s, but in reality you are conning them into believing that the TGWU are going to bring much improved T&C’s when in fact by lumping us all into the same pot as the other staff you are as responsible as JET2 management for eroding the pilot profession as a whole.