PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in the region (Merged ad nauseam)
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 08:33
el caballero rojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I think even if people continue to post threads to ask about jobs in Latin Amerika it has become clear by now that for Europeans the chances are near to zero.
Guy´s like Panama Jack state it how it is.
I often fly out of Europe to Mexico,Cuba, Jamaica,.... My wife is Mexican and most of my family is but the chances to get a job there are really low even to say impossible.
With Mexico for instance,...I looked for all the options,...there are none officially... and on top of that,....
I sympathise with the Mexican Pilots,... they have been overrun by foreign pilots in the past giving them almost no chance at all...
When I see how Mexican nationals are treated in the US, for sure I say they are right to give them a same piece of the pie..
I spoke a lot to Mexican pilots,...the terms and conditions are really uncomparable to what we have in Europe.
They too share the dreams to fly in Europe and benefit our social system with good organised health care and good salaries.
I came to terms with it that If I want to continue with the type of flying I am doing now, I will have to stay were I am now... Sad but true

All the best for the Aerocalifornia pilots who are out of a job now....

Muchos saludos.

Last edited by el caballero rojo; 8th May 2006 at 14:29.