PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 08:08
Hummingfrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leaving the RAF doesn't mean you escape the effects of JPAC!!!

I left the RAF in 1990 and am now approaching the age where my full RAF pension applies. I thought I would ring up and find out if I had to take the pension at 55 or, as I will still be working, could I defer taking it and what would the accrual rate be for each year of deferment.

Being computer literate!! I looked on the net and found the following site http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowanc..._preserved.cfm which gave a phone number 0141 224 3600 for pensions.

I rang thinking it would be a quick call . The dreaded option choice girl who said "welcome to JPAC" answered me. This didn't immediately ring a bell amongst my old grey cells so I pressed option 1 for pensions. The dreaded " we are experiencing unduly high levels of calls" please hold. This of course should be " we haven't employed enough people and we don't really care that you have to wait"

So I waited and waited - bit of good musac Dam Busters on the line but no humans so I gave up. Rang a bit later same, rang again - engaged
Finally rang 0141 224 3602 - immediate answer!! but lady couldn't help said I had to go through 3600 Asked for managers number of call centre and got 0141 224 8551 but of course no answer on that one.

JPAC was now beginning to ring some bells - had I seen something on Pprune about JPA - bingo read threads and became depressed

Decided to look on net again for more info on JPAC and guess what found that there is a freephone number for JPAC 0800 085 3600 so I had wasted money waiting on a 0141 number

I feel for you guys and gal’s left in the RAF who have to put up with this computer based rubbish. For info the company I work for pays £30 (in UK) a day for food - no receipts required.

HF