PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 5th May 2006, 22:50
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would like to say nige, despite my earlier wobble on tues i intend to stand by your side and fight alongside you to get the government to initiate foam fitting with immediate effect on all ac. yes, there are alot of areas that are short of money but what we are asking for is not unreasonable or undoable (if that is a word!) what is needed along with one of the spineless idiots that enjoy high office is to get their heads out of whoevers a*** they have got it up, grow some balls and start doing what they are paid to do. we are not living in dreamland asking for this technology fleet wide. there are gross misuse of funds in the government on a daily basis that the cash can be released from, so i do not and will not buy the notion that there is not the money.

i want to make it clear to those of you who may wonder what the hell is a nurse doing getting involved in this. bob o'connor that's what. those men died on election day in iraq and as a sister i struggled to find a sense of purpose in the loss i felt. i thought of peace in the new iraq. well, we can see how that turned out. this is not a replacement for my brother, nor is this a stage for me to use. this is about fighting for a legacy to be left from the downing of XV179 and ensuring that no one, and i mean no one has to go through what i've had to endure again as a result of the measures that weren't taken. i have heard that there is concern that i am using my brother as political bait and i'm being disrespectful to his memory. how that conclusion has been reached i do not know. if this view is the opinion of those of you who have watched and supported this please let me know. needless to say i am distraught at this notion but i am keen to recieve feedback as it is essential that this does not happen. i have had to talk of bob to rationalise why i am here in this fight. i await your views.