PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 21:55
Hoots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help,

How do you submit your home to duty these days on JPA. All i can ever get is milage based 1st passenger which gives me 3p per mile, i.e. passenger not driver rate. Tried JPAC, waited 20 minutes, eventually answered then the line went dead. Wasted about an hour before I gave up in frustration.

As for the capped actuals, been having many conversations about this as we are going on det and are taking an imprest. Seems to be a lot of making things up as we go along. For the IE, I will be making my 3 minute phone call each night, and will wait about a month for my mobile phone bill, this effectively means that each imprest cant be closed for about a month or so each time. Also noted that as every receipt is returned with the imprest then the administtration burden, with fewer personnel has increased massively.

I believe that everyone should put up with the extra pain and include every possible receipt, every self certification and do not take the easy option not to fill in the paperwork. Maybe the vast increase in the admin burden will make those responsible sit up and take notice.

This sure makes you appreciate the old system. It is also worth noting that we are second class citizens compared to the civil servants with un-capped actuals, wonder what the new Secretary of State for Defence thinks of this.