PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 5th May 2006, 20:30
clogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the moral support skysista... you were right, they contacted me when I didn't expect it.. right after i left that post actually! And I was right... I didn't get the job. Their email was, as has been said on this forum before, unbelievably impersonal. But anyway... I guess there's always next year...

echo_sy... obviously my advice probably isn't worth much considering I didn't get through, but I can tell you how I think I screwed up, which might help. The interview is quite long, and they ask you a lot of questions about previous customer service experience and how you dealt with a certain situation, for example, an angry customer... or how you have reacted to criticism from a boss. They have a long list of questions that they pick from, so the ones they gave me, you won't necessarily get. It might be worth running a search on the net to find sample questions, and I thoroughly recommend you prepare a scenario for each of them and practise saying your answers. I didn't, and although I'd prepared a scenario for each, I explained them badly and therefore didn't sell myself well. In addition, I gave a really stupid answer to one of their questions because I hadn't prepared for that particular one, so if you get caught out, stop and think your answer through before giving it (that's probably obvious but I just said the first thing that came into my head - sadly, the wrong thing!). Good luck!