Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 19:10
AreYouForReal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cpl graduation

Originally Posted by planeshipcar
Hey guys,

I was just lookin through the Stapleford Take off Magazine and noticed there was no mention of CPL students at their award ceremony. Is there a graduation/ award ceremony for CPL/IRs? I know its not a vitally important question - ,

cheers,

planey
Apparently not. Why would you want to celebrate getting your full commercial pilots licence, that would be silly!!
It is only a graduation for the ppl people, which to mean seems alittle odd. It was the first one they have done i a while aswell by all accounts, but if you do go for ppl graduation, be reasured that you get a pikey pair of wings that are made of material, so therefore are no good to man nor beast, although they would look good on your swimming shorts next to your red, yellow and green swimming badges, and a certificate that most of the instructors didnt even sign for there students. So all in a great event.
It would be good though to get a small pair of silver wings or something you can wear with bride on your tests and as a tie clip on interviews. Most american and south african flying schools give those away. But to be fair to stapleford, at least they do that for their students, and it is a black tie event, some schools dont even give you a certificate, just a handshake. I know from experience!!