PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q for 747 and BAe146 drivers
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 16:41
UP and Down Operator

You do have a minimum speed on the BAe 146 if you are comming down with 2 engines failed on the same side, and this is in the area 120 kt depending on model, and then with flap 24 only for the landing. If it is 1 eng failed on each side it can be flown with normal speeds but still reduced Flaps. As i recall the Vref will be in the area 90-105 kts depending on weight.
The Flap limitation here will give you and increased ldg distance.
After passing decission alt and commited to land you reduce speed to Vref, and the touch down will typically be at Vref-7 kts.
Procedures for GA on 2 eng is the same as for 4 eng, except that you now go from Flap 24 to Flap 18 (2 eng) in stead of going from Flap 33 to Flap 24 (3 or 4 eng)

The minima altitude you can make a go-around from on 2 engines is 200 ft, as this is your minima for cat I approach, wich is the lowest you can make with less than 4 engines. For CAT II and below we need 4 eng plus a lot of other stuff to be working.
Fysically you can go lower than the 200 feet (in the simulator we have been very low ), but there is no performance that will tell you if you can do this safely, and i don't think there would be many arguments for trying it real life