PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 12:39
EI-CGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that the SD3-60's are also being moved to BLK where a meeting is to be held this afternoon with crew, I guess the CAA must have given them dispensation to do this, or can they posn non public transport outwith the AOC in this situation???

I guess more will come to light later today after this meeting.

The Scottish RM contracts from Aberdeen have 'apparently' been awarded to another operator, for a 2 week period and will no doubt go out to tender after that, and various AN26's are being brought in by others to pick the pieces up tonight, my contact advises me that the RM are not inviting Emerald to cover flights with AN26's etc, and last night will probably not be forgotten for a very long time by those who had a few hours notice to pick up the pieces, the charter brokers will be rubbing their hands with glee

Indeed NO UK carrier benefits from this as the influx of cheap aircraft from Eastern Europe instigated by the charter brokers could change the ball game for many many years to come, and thats a very very depressing prospect for those of us making our living flying the post.