PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 07:58
Ardacre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot pete,

Stop wasting your time mate, Jet2 is full of naive divided crew that will not listen to your sensible advice.
Unionisation on the scale of what is required will not happen here, yeah some will join the T&G but before long they will become disillusioned with that also.

In post 199 pilothouse wrote:-
'Jet2Impress, in the nicest way, I think that this is a pilot thing. There must be a figure for cabin crew but I don't know what it is.'

If this post doesn't prove that BALPA is the only way for the pilot workforce then I don't know what does. We just dont know the requirements of our colleagues and if we choose to find out it will only water down our own negotiations . WE need to look after ourselves in the first instance as a pilot community if we can then go on to assist our other colleagues then we can do so if we wish.
A lot of respondents to this thread have mentioned their distrust in BALPA but as I and others have stated earlier it's all down to the strength and resolve of the crew council that we the pilots elect not BALPA itself. If we did choose BALPA then the crew council that we elect is vital to its success.
Also if we can get representation going for a smaller part of the workforce it will then be easier to expand our quest with the rest of the workforce.

Meeson did it with the company itself, he started the company on a smallish scale at Leeds which then became somewhat of a stronghold as it grew,this then allowed him to expanded outwards cleaning up as he went.
This is what we need to do but with a union. THE RIGHT UNION.