PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 07:28
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally agree with Sir Toppam regarding the poorly advertised change to allowances, which in turn has made people more upset. There is a purple coloured A4 booklet knocking around with the standard politically correct pictures on the front, but it's pretty vague. Of all the pointless publications we get anyway - eg. the Royal Air Force 'electronic ways of working' (or something like that) - why couldn't we have produced a users guide to JPA?

The capped actuals thing is another own goal. It'll save a few quid in the short term, but it's not a hearts and minds policy that will retain. Regularly losing a few 'unclaimable' quid has a far worse long-term impact than a singular lower pay 'rise'. And unlike other policies where it's presumed the old school won't like change but newies won't know any different, capped actuals will be an early introduction to the newies to what the company think of you. I would ask "what do other companies do?" The army don't tend to worry about things like people, but then most of theirs don't cost hundreds of thousands to replace.

If I was OC Everything I'd be looking to offset people's anger and frustration with JPA and if I could aim it at the RAF's greatest asset - aircrew (remember, I'm OC Everything) - then reviewing capped actuals would be a gutsy move. The saving would be made by removing the associated bureaucratic process and issuing a simple, flat rate of $30/night anywhere in the world.