PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrying Celebrities
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 01:37
Dash Of Soda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My two cents worth

I've had the pleasure of meeting a few celebs/personalities over the past several years when I was flying...

Great Ones that come to mind are:

Kylie Minogue - chatted during the flight, gave Crew autographs and signed photos, only request was a big bottle of water, really sweet and grateful and down to earth gal. Yes, she is soooo petite and tiny little hands. Shook my hand when she disembarked. She was a real treat!

Cate Blanchett - very polite and chatty, no fuss and unassuming. She had a gorgeous Prada handbag that became a topic of our conversation!

Mimi Macpherson - very funny and a great sense of humour (I am sure the J Class red wine helped and all the cheese and biccies I scrounged for her!). It was worth it, she was a real scream.

Matchbox 20 (the band) - really cool guys and very friendly to all the crew on board.

Dead Or Alive (the band) - all sat in the last row of seats in Economy. Few of us had a micro rendition of their hit song at the time, "You Spin Me Round"! That was a hoot of a flight.

Belinda Green (former Miss World) - she was on her way to tape a segment on 'Good Morning Australia'. No makeup, casual dress and a really beautiful person to talk to and looks fantastic. Very down to earth and asked all about my flying career...that was sweet.

Gai Waterhouse (racehorse trainer) - now this lady was hilarious. Such good spirits, immaculately dressed and ever so friendly. They had just won the Qantas Cup and she was travelling on Ansett...the whole J Class cabin wanted to see the trophy!

George Denikian (sp?) TV Presenter - a FF at the time. Knew Crew on first name basis, really friendly and chatty on every flight.

Other really nice ones who certainly rate a mention in my opinion, have to be: Jo Bailey (TV Presenter), Sandra Sully (TV Presenter)...she is just beautiful, an absolute sweet person.
Lisa Forrest (former Olympic swimmer)...always saw her in Economy and very unassuming who never asked for anything.

The not so good ones that I experienced:

Iain Hewittson (TV Chef), Ernie Dingo (TV Presenter) - both had that 'talk to the hand' kinda attitude ....oh and Hewittson didn't like the a/c food (surprise, surprise!) LOL

Anyway...that's my two cents worth. At the end of the day...they are just people like others have said. Great subject!

DASH x