PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B757 air start query
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2006, 00:04
boxjockey99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B757 air start query

The way I read it an airstart is to be done ideally with 2 air start units (although one is sufficeint) to start one engine then following pushback the other engine started using the crossbleed start procedure. The supplementary procedures simply say accomplish start using normal start procedure but I could swear I had read that you had to start eng 1 (left) first then eng 2 with the crossbleed.

On the 733 you had to start 1 first as the ASU connector was very close to the number 2 and so would be a trifle dangerous to start with the ASU man stood there. THere seems to be no such problem with the 757 or indeed any kind of schematic in any of the 'new and improved' (or rather thin) Boeing tech manuals regarding the actual position of the ASU connection points on the aircraft belly. Any such diagram would be greatfully received!

I can't seem to find the reference to this so it may be just remnants of my previous Boeing type. Can someone enlighten me as to what the normal procedure is and where I might find a slightly more comprehensive description beyond the supplementary procedures.

Thanks in advance

Boxjockey