PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Strike at KLM?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 23:00
KLMer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel for you guys, as it is unfair that the deal is alot worse that 2003. It is crazy that they expect you guys to go through selection tests, surely a simple file check as before would be sufficient, it was good enough in 2003.

What i am wondering is what happens to all those uk pilots who are over 56 do they retire the day they sign the KLM contract.

The deal i thought would have been fair is as follows:
1) Go to the bottom of the seniority list
2) Seat frozen with no more new command courses (after all cityhopper could and would benefit from a stable work force in the left seat ,with all this new recruitment and guys leaving to mainline).
3) Pay freeze (increasing with inflation) until your KLM pay overtakes.
4) Your UK pension frozen and closed and you join the KLM pension fund.

That is a better deal than 2003 and from what i can see is a fair one.

After all what happens to the guys who moved over in 2003 do they get the better deal aswell regarding pay (i think not)? also there is no way you guys are entitled to jump the seniority list those of you who think they deserve it (not many of you mind) get REAL it is simply not gonna happen (yes i know its selfish).

Secondly if you sign the KLM contract i cant see you guys keeping the uk basing after all that would be descrimination to the rest of KLM as a fair few of us live all over the world we would all want free tickets and travel within our FTL roster to start our rostered week from AMS. After all KLM is AMS

If you guys can get the above deal then go for it, its what is fair and i believe you should be entitled to it im sure BALPA can acheive this goal for you guys.

The best of luck....

Last edited by KLMer; 5th May 2006 at 03:44.