PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How old are current wanabees?
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 22:35
raviolis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
26 here... well, 27 next week... ouch !

working in education during the day, playing gigs in clubs at the weekend (guitar) and just got myself a part time dispatcher job at EGPF.

And yes, flying during the spare time LOL Do I have any ? Well I don't sleep much I can tell you !

Unfortunately I don't have a money tree in my garden so I have chosen to go the only route I can afford : the hard one. Working 2 and a half jobs is hard but I am looking forward to the dispatcher job, sure will give a good chance to see airline operations up close.

Not really bothered about an airline job. Sure them shiny big pieces of metal look good but I mainly enjoy being in the air, soak up the freedom and look down at the silly buggers stuck in a traffic jam !
Would be quite happy to drop newspapers in Orkney or transport bananas from El Salvador. Beats ferrying a bunch of chavs/neds to Ibiza ! LOL
Does it still make me a wannabe ? What do I know ? I'm just a PPL student anyway, but as they say, you got to start somewhere.

Anyway I disagree about the use of the wannabe word - surely Diego Maradona knew he was a footballer even before he started getting paid for doing it ! :-)

Last but not least....I am not ageist and I do believe in training and that practice makes you perfect no matter what the age... but if I'm sitting on a jet as a passenger, I'd be happier to know my flight deck crew are in their 30s rather than in their 20s.
40s... even better. And I am not talking about women here before you get any ideas LOL

good stuff
w.