PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Privacy: BA pax tracked down by discarded boarding stub
Old 4th May 2006, 19:45
brockenspectre

Rainbow Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

- I agree with Mike Jenvey - I don't quite see how this could happen. In order to access one's Executive Club information online not only is the Membership Number required but also a 4-digit PIN. So unless, having gotten the Membership Number, the newspaper/journalist ran a program to generate a PIN, I just don't see how a regular access user (not a hacker) could have achieved this.

As XSBaggage does, I too tear up all slips and even remove the luggage tags once I am through Arrivals. I am, however, still way surprised at the number of people I see going on vacation/flight who have their name and home address on labels.

Another tip, off-topic, is NEVER pre-book a return cab ride to home from the airport. 8 years ago I was burgled while returning from California and police believed it was someone with access to the cab company booking-book as I had telephoned the day before departure to make the arrangements I was also advised never to tell a cab driver that you are heading far away (however excited you might be) - always imply you are heading up to see Granny in Scotland or something!!