PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 19:25
Testingtheseatlimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are taking the PYSS!

I'm expecting 'trubble at mill'. Have just got back from a stateside visit. Only, couldn't find restuarant that didn't add 18% grat on our tables of 8+. So left that on Bill. Also, sat with selection of Contractors and civil servants (ie MOD). They were also on actuals but had no capping.... just told to be sensible. There I was, limited to certain items on menus when they could, quite reasonably, have what they liked! How embarrassed was I? F****G embarrassed. And my how they laughed, and they had every right to! Now, I really don't need to eat a lot (Trust me) so kept down to single course + 2 Beers, still came to more than $31 and that was in a medium class place!! The rates will just not buy a 3 Cse meal + half bottle of wine... honest.

On IE, found myself logging everything I could, only to find when I got back that we were only entiltled to stuff mentioned above. (Not water??, that comes out of your daily Subsis rate!) Overall experience = CRAP!!! I have no objection to actuals (from a tax perspective they make sense). Indeed, our Finance chap is a Civvi Serv and he has no problems at all, only he is not capped. Imagine trying to have a £20 lunch + dinner in London. Whatsmore, he has also seen a saving because, generally, people don't want to eat like pigs every night. But whereas, rates and normal actuals allow you to have the odd 'nice meal', this system does not. I really have lost complete faith with the RAF Hierarchy on this one. I guess they cannot remember what it was like to be paid at lower rank rates and, therefore, don't give a damn. 'Jack!' springs to mind. Please Please Please bring back Leaders to our Force. Managers just say 'Yes Sir', Leaders fight the corner of their men. This latest fiasco will end in tears, if it hasn't already. Rant over!

Testing