PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goldfields Air Services
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 17:05
EffJay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd never bad-mouth Goldfields Air Services but as an aside I will relate a few tales about a company I know of that sells gas out that way:

Jezuzz where do I start.......

-One senior member of the team is psychotic ("Aaaaghhh... that'll keep you off the streets!!" ) and enjoys platting sh!t.

-One is lazy, in********t, and holds the national record for CPL exam sittings.

-One of the above-mentioned will over-load that 210 for your next-morning's freight run, with the heavy stuff at the back.

-Don't ever write anything in the maint release.

-Observe one aviator take off in an IFR C310 and report the cloud base at 1000ft, as instructed to by the boss. Then watch as entire fleet of VFR 210s burst into life seconds later as the IFR C310 vanishes into the goop about 5 seconds after lifting off. C210s taxi out bravely for their VFR flight at "500AGL."

-C210 with dicky venturi-sourced A/H being used on moonless night for the boss's patented "Special VFR" flight WTF??????? (or was it "Special IFR??? I can't remember). Really fun waiting for the A/H gyro to build up enough speed to be worth a pinch of snot, as you head into the blackness west of town.

-Weather abort? Don't bother coming back.

-A Chief Pilot with a chip on his shoulder but no spine in his back-bone area. Would never do anything about the over-loading or duty hours. At least, that was the case way back when. Dunno who's the CP now but thought I'd throw it in while I'm on a roll.

-Duty Limitations? When convenient.

-Auto-pilots. Well they at least had the switch-panel installed so it looked good.

Ahhh.... what memories. But as the psycho says, "It's all character-building stuff...."

Good place to build up your hours if you don't mind some really good quality GA experiences or if you play hockey.