PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please, please help! Uni student in desperate need of help!
Old 4th May 2006, 13:16
Oli EZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uni Transfers

Hi Tom

As the subject of Uni transfers go, i don't think its necessarily a bad thing... there are lots of unis out there and not all of them will suit you. If you are proactive and make the positive choice to change uni so you can go get your degree, then surely this will look good on your CV. I know lots of people who have done this, so as to get the best possible outcome for their degree (which you are investing in too). A degree is always going to be good on your CV, and theoretically should give you the advantage upon those with similar credentials who do not.

Besides, wouldn't be surprised if major carriers start to require degrees in the future or at least prefer you to have them as so many people are acquiring them these days. I know it can be rough when things aren't going to plan at uni, but there are peaks and troughs all the time at such a place. They can be incredibly close environments, amplifying problems and the like. But do your best to get your degree Tom, that’s this one persons advice! Transfer if you need to, its not too late for that even now! Neither is it too late for accommodation, believe me there are always people moving in and out of accommodation for millions of reasons, plus you could always apply to become a warden on campus... I did... it saved me a packet on rent, was a great job with great people - good on the CV too!

Good luck whichever way you go Tom!