PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 4th May 2006, 09:48
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fantaman, remember one thing john reid is a politican so everything that has comeout of his mouth is a lie. i recall a while back that a date mentioned for the fitting of foam was to be july. why ? i have no idea. maybe the wind will be in the right direction and the little leprachauns that the minister clearly sees whilst on his planet have forecast that the moon will be in the seventh quarter or something equally mad! one point i keep trying to make is that this should have been DONE ahes ago. of course, prior to the crash when requests were made. nonetheless, i lost bob 16 months ago the inquiry findings were made public 6 months ago yet we are still talking about it. ! why not shut the F*** UP Mr Reid stop pointing fingers and get it sorted now. NOT SOME AIRCRAFT SOON, ALL AIRCRAFT NOW!!! it's so simple. but no he is another who likes to court the media.

this is the way i see things guys. it may be too simplistic and may not have a place in your debate as i'm not clever enough to know what your abbrevbiations mean. feel free to agree or disagree but i would appreciate some feedback on this simple theory. it doesn't make financial sense. all the money that has been spent on the investigation, recovery of bodies, repatriation, accomodation and travel, memorial services, funerals, pensions, manpower......aircraft and training could have been used sorting out the fleet of alberts and still given you money for your busfare home and a bag of chips! as a grieving relative all i can do is ask why? why does this make more sense? why do you think that you have been very clever by saving money? why do you pride your self on the decision that as a ministry you have made? i see a decision to hang back from the fitting of explosive technology was nothing more than a gamble. rather than follow the example that was made by other forces as a result of their experiences you took a gamble as the pound signs made more of an impact than the lives that you are responsible for. it was chosen to wait and see if we would lose an RAF ac then see if you have to do something, but hope that there will not be too many on board when the INEVITABLE happens. i'm sorry mr reid you say how can you put a price on human life? well , you just have. all because people sign up to take the queens shilling it does'nt mean that they are expendable and they have forfeited their right to life. as i've said before there are risks and then there are unacceptable risks.

sorry for that rant. i'm not too proud to admit that sometimes i get a bit emotional with this. i'm upset that i do. i do not want to be seen as just the emotional bit that gets wheeled on when it suits. there is more to me than that. i want to do more to help. i feel like i'm not helping enough and i've been left frustrated by a lack of willingness by some media to take this issue and run front page full coverage with it. i find it hard to see that we get consigned to small columns deep in the paper.

i have to say that i'm also very ashamed by my recent behaviour. i have to admit to losing it big time last night and nearly threw in the towel. i have had so many problems with the computer at home. i keep trying to post a reply yet when i press submit it's lost. i tied three times and took ages as i'm not the fastest typer in the world, but to no avail. after a hard shift at the hospital interspersed with the farce of john reid then all my work lost again on the 'puter i caved in. i'm sorry if i've let you down becasue of it. there is no room for emotion and wobblies in this. i have come to another computer today to try my luck. last night i was unable to see that clearly to be able to stop myself from giving in. i can't walk away from this i know that, not till i have got all of you protected. i could'nt help my brother and the other guys and if i give in now i'll definitely be making sure their deaths are for nothing.

i will try some more tv contacts today but i have to say i'm starting to draw blanks. i will also be speaking with the MP who has offered his interest and support to see if i can't get this back into parliament. i'm working on the webpage which will work as a blog but not being very computer literate i may be a little time.

keep it going boys. i'm seeing a solicitor that nige suggested next week. i'll let you know what i'm doing then after that. as for the "comments" that james gray has said i'm forwarding that to the families as we speak. i was unable to get on the pprune on tues night as the page would not be displayed. so i'm a little behind....i wish in fact anyone who's seen me on tv knows i've dot a big behind!ha ha!

please don't worry about the families. i have been networking as has my mother and it would seem that there is nothing but support for all of you and this campaign. methinks someone is being crafty and stirring!if there are any families who are concerned and want updating please PM me or get my contact dtails. i will speak with you quite happily. we can't bring our loved ones back but we can stop more going.