PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 4th May 2006, 09:41
clogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone... I'm new to this forum but was just wondering if anyone out there can reassure me... I had a final interview for emirates a month ago but have heard nothing from them since. I know two girls who had interviews on the same day as me (but had a different interviewer), and heard back nearly two weeks ago! I didn't feel my interview went well at all, so I can't help but think I probably didn't get the job. But I have read posts from people on this forum saying they were in a similar situation, and if you haven't heard it means you've still got a chance.

My question is, do Emirates definitely contact you if you haven't been successful? I am finding it difficult to remain positive about this when I think they might have just chucked my file in the bin and not let me know! Or should I be thinking that no news is good news and that they haven't contacted me means I'm still in the running?

Also, even though they say you should wait up to six weeks before calling them, is it okay to call them sooner? I'm holding out for the job at Emirates and so I am unemployed and homeless (well, living at my parents' which is not exactly my cup of tea) and it's pretty tricky to make plans when I still have no idea whether I'm going to get a job with Emirates...

Any advice would be much appreciated!