PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 20:57
idol detent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is interesting indeed to see the effects of BA 'avarice' bouncing back onto the pilots. Apart from trying to 'frighten the horses' they obviously seek sympathy from others here over the prospective loss of a bit of pension.

They do not have mine, nor, I suspect that of a lot of pilots who were the victims of previous 'avarice' and lost a lot more than a bit of pension. In fact they need, probably, at least another 20 years before the last living Laker/DanAir pilot has taken the high-speed turn-off and parked at the great terminal in the sky before they MIGHT achieve full sympathy. The greed of the management and the selfishness of the pilots through their 'London Protection Agency' caused great hardship to many, including loss of health, houses and partners. Add in the newbies without the pension 'comfort' who would probably not 'join in' any action. So, boys and girls, you reap what you sow.

For Danny, whilst I appreciate it is probably unwise to link morality to anything in aviation - and I see the commercial value in having a hot topic on the front page, I question whether allowing such blatant use of this public forum to threaten BA with industrial doom and destruction is correct?
What utter tripe.

If other folks out there think that I will idly stand by and watch BA take 42% of my pension (deferred pay) then they are in for a shock. I am not militant. I have a vested interest in seeing BA prosper. But I will fight this with the utmost vigour. Theft in all but name.

WW needs us more than we need him.

Also, comparing our job with any other is all well and good, but, like the deficit being the biggest of any FTSE100 company versus MktCap, utterly meaningless.

Idol