PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's going on at Goodwood?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 18:51
Captain Universe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodwood

What a load of cobblers you lot talk. Maybe you should talk to a few other operators in the business to see how Elites reputation stands up against an operator who has done nothing but cause mayhem on the South Coast not to mention other areas of the country, try asking around and see how Atlas stand up in the industry for reputation of upsetting others and treading on toes.

In respect of quality of aircraft as far as I can recal not only did Elite have AS355, AS350 & EC120's working with them at the Festival in 2004 but they also had the S76 & A109 from Harrods carrying passengers for them. What better quality of Heli could you ask for. Further more as they had been successful for the previous 4 to 5 years at the Goodwood events and Atlas only managed to last for one maybe it is simply a fact that Goodwood's Management realised the error of their ways and simply reverted to the operator who had already proved themselves as best for the job. If I know Glenn & Sharon they will have been prepared to pay a fair price for this contract but not over the odds.

Moaning Moet asks why would Goodwood give the contract back to Elite and implies that they have a hold over Goodwood. Well maybe the question should be reversed and MM should be asking why Atlas LOST the contract. If Elite have a hold over Goodwood then they must be a ruddy powerful Company thats all I can say.

As for Equalisers comments I just hope none of Elites Pilots find out who that is. What a ruddy cheek of a comment about the calibre of pilots, I suggest he visits elite and looks at the pilot CV's, believe me there is some quality there, not recent licence holders fresh from Operations who think they know it all. Cheap No Frills Operation, hee hee thats a good one, if thats the case its surprising that Elite have lasted so long in such a vicious industry isnt it.

Surely Elite are subject to the same scrutiny as any other operator and as they seem to be seen at just about all of the Events I think they might just be getting something right.

My vote goes to Elite, well done guys & welcome back. May you long rule supreme at Goodwood, even if you did have to pay for it finacially this year and as a result of sculduggery last year. Personally I hope Atlas do go back to LOS with their tails between their legs and let the proffessionals get on with the job.