PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 3rd May 2006, 18:32
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The snivelling excuse for a minister Reid was ambushed on C4 news tonight.

I think he was expecting to spout some pre-election propaganda, but Krishnan Guru-Murthy managed to squeeze in a 5 minute grilling.

During this grilling, Reid claimed that:

- More knowledgable people than he made the decision not to fit the £50K system.

- The pilots he spoke to didn't want the system and would rather it was spent on something else (JPA?)

- The fact the RAF didn't develop the system was because they didn't have the US experience of anti-aircraft small arms fire in Vietnam.

- The system was being currently fitted to airframes.

- Airframes that were not fitted were still perfectly safe.

Is there anyone out there that can contradict this oxygen thief waste of space? He appears not to understand that learning from experience does not have to be first hand, and has no grasp of elementary logic - if something is safe then why does it need to be made safe?

Yet another attempt to spin corner-cutting and penny pinching, shifting the buck elsewhere and pretending that something is being done about it. If there was any justice, his mallet-impacted head would be adorning an Afghan polo field. I have great respect for those who can campaign dispassionately about this issue, it is something beyond me!