PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carpal tunnel syndrome, or is it?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:28
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
At 03:00 this am, I was getting all too involved in trying to scan some more recent, and much clearer MRIs. However, the masking system on the Epson photo scanner is coded, so I can either chop up the film or make an improvised mask--with appropriate white patches--that I assume tells it what frame to look for.

It's strange that the profession still relies on film. After all, it's in the scanner in digital form first. It could be ported round the world and viewed with all the advantages of computer enhancement...I personally found it much easier to look at when ‘inverted'. I suppose this will happen.

I've mentioned before, that I have spent some time looking at a modern CAT scanner. The (flat) screens were breathtakingly clear. At least the equivalent of 1600 lines, with perfect pixel isolation. However, I can understand how the old school is so used to interpreting film, that there will be considerable inertia.

Will post if I have any success, but now I'm off to clambering in boiling attics, after having asked Mrs R to hang on my belt for as long as she can. The sum of my leg's weight and my wife must give around 200 lbs of traction. On a good day this will buy several hours of active work.

It's a strange world.