PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Passengers, Worst Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 15:15
verticalhold

The Veloceraptor of Lounge Lizards

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Positioned as crew more times than I care to think of with BA. I never had anything other than the same care and concern for a passenger that the crew give to anyone else.

On one occasion going home having been injured in an accident the gate got me pre-boarded and the cabin crew got me off last. The angel who took me to the rear galley and let me spread myself out in the available space will always be remembered by me as the very best of a superb crew.

Once in Miami the former mrs VH and myself were trying to get home after a wedding. BA was full, we were offered flights via JFK. Needing to be home for work we jumped at the chance. At JFK we were sent to staff travel. The chap on the desk apologised for the fact we had had to go via JFK (I was just grateful to be moving in the right direction!) and told us we would be on the first available flight. We were, and in first with the full service.

A letter of thanks to BA elicited the response "you were probably the only ones who were polite!"