PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:39
Kitbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Grays website, he asked this Q on 26 Jan:
'Would the Secretary of State mind if I asked a detailed question of key concern to my constituency? In his statement before Christmas on the loss of the Hercules, the largest single loss of life in Iraq, he stated that the only thing that he could find that was wrong was that the Hercules did not have foam retardant systems in the wings. Will he give the House an assurance this afternoon that the four Hercules aircraft to be deployed in Afghanistan will have full air defensive suites of all kinds supplied to them, as I am sure they will? Also, I know that he is in discussions with Marshalls of Cambridge about the fitting of foam retardant to the wings. Will those discussions have achieved some kind of outcome by the time of the deployment?'
I think we know the answer to the questions by now. Perhaps Gray felt that too much publicity by Nigegilb would out his apparent lack of tenacity in looking after the interests of his constituents?