PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying to hire out
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 12:11
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There should be no problem with a newly minted PPL buying an a/c, but the fact is that many are seen as cash cows by the many unscrupulous individuals in this industry.

Unfortunately, many PPL's let their heart rule their head when it comes to buying a/c (Old and New PPL's) and they often end up buying something wholly unsuitable for their actual needs.

I would suggest that people would be better buying into a good share initially (or just continue renting) until they have a bit more experience and understanding of some of the problems involved in a/c ownership.

You wouldn't buy a car without reading a price guide or what to look for article in a magazine and yet I see it constantly with people charging into buying a machine that proves to totally hopeless. I try my best to warn or advise people, but it's sometimes like trying to stop a runaway train.

I spend so much time talking about this to people and then being totally ignored that it doesn't even bother me any more. I try not to say "I told you so" when the poop hits the rotating object, but if people won't listen to experience, then no wonder there are so many sharks out there looking for easy marks.