PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College, Waterford, Ireland
Old 3rd May 2006, 09:41
Flyman24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perspective seriously needed

Having been enrolled as a student at many of the training establishments including PTC in Ireland I feel the need to clarify a few bits! I graduated out of Cabair College of Air Training on the integrated course, having passed all the atpl ground and flight exams!, I still find myself hunting for that elusive first job! I spent some time at the Pilot Training College of Ireland and can honestly say I have never come across a more professionally run outfit! All of the new graduates from there have found themselves in jobs at Aer Arann and Ryanair to name a few (there are more)!! This is no Fluke!, All the students there are given the tools and knowledge to go on to be a fully competent commercial airline pilot! And of course all this comes at a price!, It is essential each and every pilot is equipped with good theoretical knowledge to enable them to cope in a pressurised commercial environment! This is why the staff and management of PTC feel it is entirely necessary that they put this into force and having been through numerous training places i stand with them on their quest to do so! Anyone thinking of where to train will not be better looked after and be more professionally trained than at the PTC of Ireland.

Having spent a huge fortune at the likes of Cabair and other such places and come away with nothing more than a few papers, new trainees need to have a serious think about the level they need to be at to fly in the highly pressurised comercial environment which exists today!