PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 3rd May 2006, 09:25
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good news...we've got them!

just to spread tidings of joy on this lovely morning.

i have been very reliably informed that john reid was on the today programme on the 08.10 interview. he was asked about the hercules right at the very end of it and his reply was....

"with the benefit of hindsight i think that the crash would have been survived if there had been foam on board"

please bear in mind guys the sentiment is there but the emotion has got in the way. all i can see is a red mist that has desenced over my eyes and a mixture of pure joy at the statement as we've got him over a barrel now and pure and utter helplessness at the fact i'm without bob because of what they've done.

it can be checked on the web site on radio 4 0810 interview on the today programme.

it's a good job that i've got the solivitor booked for next week now, eh?!

i've been through the papers and the guardian, the independent, the times, the express and the mirror are covering it but only very small columns.

i feel so helpless at the moment. while the MoD are playing hide and seek with us. i don't understand why the media haven't grabbed this thing by the balls! i am so proud of nigel. he his amazing. the ironic thing was that C4 can set up a link from LA but were unable to set one up in cambridge! the interview was fantastic and it helped seeing it all visually for those of us that aren't plane minded.

what we need to do to keep the pressure up on the government is lobby our MP's to help us call for this and to start asking questions and add pressure on blair and his governmnet.