PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Notam plotter
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2006, 08:59
Bert Stiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike et al,

Thanks for the replies. I have compared results using the various systems and so far the Nav check system works best. The problem with the AIS narrow route brief is that there is no graphical presentation which would help the overall workload. This is despite the refinements you highlighted.

Your suggestion of creating a box by use of two airfields and a wide swathe is possibly helpful for some flights.

A typical x- cty (for my aeroplane) would involve VFR/IFR and could use the length or breadth of the FIR, I'm interested in conflicting activity out to about 20 nm either side of track to cover any little excursions I might make. Sometimes the return leg is very close to the outward leg and so that the area notams reappear again and hence the forest. With a graphical plot they only need to appear once.

As DFC said the "unplottable" features of the Notam check site mean that you have to scan these and relate them to your track. Generally these are frequency/SSR code changes but occassionally a very significant hazard (to me) is highlighted.

Mike - I thought No 1 AIDU used to provide a plotted version, but if it still exists it must be under subscription. Do you know any more?

Thanks again one and all for their contributions.

BS.