PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operations into Dubai - can they be improved?
Old 3rd May 2006, 07:08
cat man do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nimmer

[QUOTE]Here are my two favourite "accidents waiting to happen scenerio's in the current system we now operate. Dubai on 12, outbound via Riket slow climber, handed to UAE east out of 8500 for example, straight into the teeth of a Fujeirah outbound climbing slowly heading northbound. The other, inbound to RAK routing straight to the RAV, dropping to 10A, inbound to Dubai dropping also to 10A via Maxmo!!!
Who can design a system like this????[QUOTE]
Great example, lets see now. The slow climber is not complying with the climb gradient, ACC has released traffic from FJ (yes, they are subject to release) and 2 in from DARAX, one for RAV and 1 MAXMO. So let's recap, no produre followed thus dangerous, how am I doing? If the ACC guy releases traffic from FJ when he has a dicey situation only has himself to blame. My next question is: at what point does the years of training as an ATC actually kick in? All over the world procedures are flawed and ATC's are trained to deal withit, it's our job! Traffic will always conflict at some or other point. To design airspace with no conflicts takes our function away. You have a licence, start using it.
Getting back to the thread, the solution is for DB to introduce flow and stop this open skies policy where it's a free for all.
Cat out