PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying to hire out
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2006, 22:37
bencoulthard
Supercalafragilistic
expialidotiousIsAVeryLong
WordAndIStillOnlyPaid£5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DW quote "You will make your own decision, but you won't be able to say that you were'nt given plenty of advice beforehand - the fact that it isn't the advice you want seems to be leading you to disregard it."

I'm not disregarding any info, its all going in very well and i see where this is leading. I know people don't want to see others scammed and I really do appreciate all this feedback i've caused/received.

I'm still on the fence with this my mind is not made up but if i had agreed with everything people said right away then it would have been a short thread. Imagine............. I'm thinking of buying a plane to rent out...........don't do it....................ok bye

I've spoken to my accountant who is well up on this area (luckily) he explained a few things, his final words were don't rush into anything. He has been my accountant for a while and is trustworthy (that's why he runs my other business affairs).

As for the response about many people giving up within 12 months, well I have wanted to do this for several years and I have just suppresed the desire but it has finally got the better of me. Its not something I just thought of doing on a whim. I will get my PPL and have a plane of my own. If you knew me you would also know I'm a good businessman and I always like to see a good plan come together. If I can fit the desire to do my PPL in with a business idea then that's great. If not its PPL only.