PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA or JAA licenses?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2006, 21:42
Oxeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA or JAA licenses?

Hi all,
I'm in a bit of a conundrum at the moment. I've been looking at the cost of JAA modular fATPL courses, and I see that on averge it costs around the £30k mark, leaving me with as much chance as anyone else of getting a job. However, i've been looking at some of the FAA packages for the same price, and they compare much more favourably. Take this as an example - for £35k I could get my FAA CPL ME/IR and 500 hours commercial ME turbine time!

Obviously the FAA option is much much more attractive to me, but I have a questions that I need answering before I can really consider this route.

1. Would a European airline employ me with FAA licenses, taking in to account the 500-hours turbine time? - I don't mind if the answer to this question is 'no', as I would be happy to work anywhere in the world

2. Which other countries accept FAA licenses?

3. If I did my JAA fATPL in the US(or anywhere else for that matter), then did the 500 hour turbine package over there would all of the hours count on my JAA license? - most important one for me

Any advice would be much appreciated, but a nice balanced arguement would be good as well

Cheers

Last edited by Oxeagle; 2nd May 2006 at 22:06.