PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operations into Dubai - can they be improved?
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:44
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats funny Schnowzer, cos some crews in Dubai manage to work with us and make the sequence work. It takes the Dubai Coordinator to actually look out on a bigger scale screen and actually work out the order of the sequence. Then he calls either West or East and gives direct to final approach fix if thats appropriate or asks us to give increased spacing specifically between specific aircraft. Hey presto, the sequence threads together from east and west. What annoys Centre controllers and pilots alike is we vector the backside off the aircraft on West to achieve our required 20 NM in trail spacing and then on first contact the recently shafted aircraft that has been pulled back to 250 kts IAS gets given direct Ukrum high speed to the field?????? Yes the procedures need to be improved, and yes slot times would be great, but also the present system could be worked better than it is. I am not trying to sledge all Dubai controllers, because some of the guys and gals, do as I explained first, and the traffic gets on the ground in a much smoother way, than when the latter kind of Dubai coordinator is on and he tells you to hold an aircraft at DESDI when the aircraft in 2NM to run to DESDI.

To Mack Truck, minor or major is irrelevant when it comes to who should come when into Dubai. Slot times in another place would be great, I just can't even begin to comprehend trying to coordinate a slot time requirement for an aircraft arrving through ORSAR from Tehran. We have enough trouble getting the very simple standard stuff out of them.