PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2006, 13:41
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
While not doubting your hard work and the fact that I amy be paid more than you I fear you are missing the point entirely.

In a nutshell we are being asked to work for an extra 10 years to earn the same if not less pension than was offered in our contracts. That is also going to be heavily reduced for the younger guys by the severely limited increases to the pensionable element of pay in future pay negotiations and for all by the future pension uplifts also being limited.
BA is being at best disingenuous with there hugely misleading pension projection spreadsheet which makes the whole thing look quite reasonable.

You say that perhaps we ought to move to another airline if not happy well unfortunately for pilots seniority does not transfer so the 20 years which I have accrued to reach my present position would be for nothing. Your skills are more easily transferrable and given how hard you seem to work I wonder if you have considered your own advice.

I can well imagine the fear and concern associated with a massive cull within staff ranks but one has to point the finger at the poor management which allowed the numbers to reach the levels and inefficiencies of a government department in the first place.