PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st/2nd Segment Obstacle Correction Factor
Old 2nd May 2006, 12:12
Ex Douglas Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
767 Flight Study Guide

Climb (Segment) Requirements and Terrain Clearance
The B767-200 is only limited, concerning climb requirements, by either the second segment requirements or terrain clearance requirements.

Systems Used to Find Maximum Take-Off Weight With Obstacles

1. ....e.g. If the aircraft is capable of attaining 35ft within (say) the 2.2% supplementary take-off distance available (with engine failure at V1) and can attain at least a 2.2% net gradient of climb in the 2nd segment, then it will obviously clear the obstructions. my bold
If both segments were to be applied, then first segment would be more limiting in having to consider the (S)TODA gradient against first segment performance. But this is not what Mr Boeing says....

This is not the aircraft type I was talking about in my first posts, but is taken directly from notes I've got (acquired from a large Australian carrier).

There must be another pilot who can give me an example of their flow chart for determining Max brakes release weight, when all you have to use for the calculation is published runway (S)TODA data and the flight manual. Does any other operator correct (S)TODA to "protect" the first climb segment?

Last edited by Ex Douglas Driver; 2nd May 2006 at 12:42.