PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st/2nd Segment Obstacle Correction Factor
Old 2nd May 2006, 01:05
Ex Douglas Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John, many thanks for the reply. I thoroughly agree with your assessment on general knowledge, which is why I'm trying to get a bit more info before suggesting the company fix it. I certainly would've expected that the ops manual would pass professional scrutiny, and was produced using engineered data. Expectation vs reality may differ. This is also why I'm being obtuse about the aircraft type and operator, so let's say it's all generic....

I didn't give the whole flow for determining max TO weight, just the parts that related to post-takeoff segments. There are corrections to TODA for runway slope, which will obviously alter the runway limited weight.

My thoughts (and only mine at this stage) on the 60m is that it's the standard length of a clearway, and nothing more.

As for corrected TORA vs TODA, partially my bad. The flow chart is headed "corrected TORA" (which is wrong), but the small print is correct that a corrected TODA is produced. I'll amend the first post for clarity.

At the end of day, I want (and fully expect) a fool-proof procedure written down that firstly keeps me completely safe, doesn't bust any rules and lastly allows me to haul out the max weight. I think the current way of doing business leans a bit more to the end point, and sacrifices the margins of the first.