PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operations into Dubai - can they be improved?
Old 1st May 2006, 19:37
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandstorm Inferno

"KJFK, KORD, EGLL, EDDF, EHAM" Yeah right!! These are airfields that probably have a structured modern Airspace and Air Traffic Management system! How many AN12 freighters, AN124's, TU134's and the like are they trying to sequence in the middle of a an RPT arrival rush where no flow control from adjacent sectors or slot times allows everybody to turn up at once. Add to that adjacent units that for political and other reasons will not enter into any constructive dialogue for ammending and improving the current work practices and vice verca
Additionally when you have operators that think they are so important that we should call them three times or more for a level or heading clearance in the middle of a busy sequence then I think an extra mile or 2 isn't bad!

As I didn't go to the school of how to be "Gods gift to the world of aviation" as it appears you must have...I will just keep hoping that the acepting unit will take the odd extra mile!

Another quote from your post:
"So back on the horse Ali. Try to tighten up the spacing and you'll get rid of your hold a lot quicker"

All I can say to you is let go of it "buddy" otherwise you will go blind!