PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operations into Dubai - can they be improved?
Old 1st May 2006, 19:29
Ali Bin Somewhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sandy
you might like to calm down a bit . ever heard of sarcasm to make a point? the point being if we ALL work together then it will run alot smother. less carry by prima donnas in a busy environment would be a start. just because your number3 in a sequence doesn't mean we hate you

yes an extra nm or 3 is an extra delay for the next guy, so when i tell the a/c to turn then he should turn not spend the next 20nm after responding scratching his arse wondering if that call was for him or one of the other 15 a/c in the sequence.

when he is told to slow down he should comply not take 3 reminders to slow down ie slow to 250IAS 20nm later confirm slowing to 250IAS? we are 300IAS confirm you want us slow 250IAS. 20nm later whats your speed? 300ias confirm you want us to slow now? that way we get the 10/20nm etc and you get to land earlier.

you sound like a person of some experience with all things atc so i'll extend to you the same invite i did to Schnowzer. pm me, organise a time and come to the center and bring your licence so you can show us how its done