PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is happening in MAS?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 19:23
Brianigham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
levelflight.
The last sentence of your last post says a lot. If you are an aviation consultant it must be for a small outfit. You really do need to do some more homework before calling more competent folk names.
Idris does have his hands tied. Sometimes these binds are there to protect certain interest. Not all "interest" have to be linked to nepotism and corruption you know !
MAS has never been 100% for profit.....and it shouldn't be!
There is a misconception maybe .....that our domestic routes are sure loss making. Do the research.
AK's model is different and their focus and reason for existence is different.
There is no such thing as a level playing feild. MAS have had their hands tied and will continue to have their hands tied....and thats ok.
Yes we do have our inefficiencies and some pretty bad management mistakes. But its up to Idris and MAS to make the changes. While the blueprint is being prepared.....the mill must go on.
What amazes me is that you point out at the bad and the good and complain about both. The good decision to stop pilot intake is now a problem with you cause your new friends are left high and dry. Well what do you propose we do. I say we because I am a pilot with MAS and have been for many years now and I am a little sensitive now about smart statements from the oh so many people. Mostly wrong observations. There are pilots in MAS who have no idea of what lies ahead. Because of the complexity of it all, and all the strings attached...we have to take this one day at a time.
Those clowns you pointed out.....if they did pull a fast one and employ those 2 pilots because their daddy's are MAS captains, have done a good thing. Well done clowns!