PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operations into Dubai - can they be improved?
Old 1st May 2006, 15:15
Vorsicht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an aussie I gotta say i totally agree with Mack. Australia do have the most anal ATC in the world as well as the wider aviation community thinking that they are the self appointed keeper of worldwide ATC standards. Given that most of the guys operating down there haven't been outside their own backyard, they tend to fairly opinionated as to how the rest of the world should conduct themselves. I know some knobber is going to throw back the old ICAO phraseology bull, but we all know that as an international operator you just develop a generic R/T that's not perfect, but works pretty well everywhere.

I never seem to here from the Russian ATC complaining about the piss poor standard of R/T, maybe that's because english isn't their first language either. Australians on the other hand generally expect everyone else from non english speaking background to be perfectly fluent in the queens english before they sully the golden shores of good old Oz.

At the end of the day, it aint going to get any better, probably worse. It's like the driving in Dubai, get used to it or get off the road.