PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFR for the everday pilot in GA
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 13:48
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disco_air

I can see your point of view but:
1) they then had to try and fit in time off while at a job AND get together money to do it (in that part of GA thats quite difficult)
If you had the money prior to getting your first job and you are sensible with your money as I have advised, you should have it after. If you didn’t then you are going to have to borrow the money either way. I had it invested away earning 17% pa for about four years. That plus the tax breaks and the fact I was working for a flying school and got the training at cost, saved me a fortune when the time came to spending it on more training.
2) trying to get back into study routine for ATPLs etc sucks while youre working, make it easier for yourself
If your aim is the regionals or the majors you had better get use to all the study while at the same time trying to work. Yes it sucks but it is a reality of this job and the sooner young pilots get use to it the better. They will fair much better down the track when they have to do it just to keep that dream job they have always wanted.
3) they could have applied for positions available in reputable twin charter companies but held back because no MECIR! had all the other requirements though
If you use your time wisely this will rarely be a problem. Generally these better jobs only start becoming a viable proposition once you start reaching certain hour levels. Pre-empt these jobs by doing these ratings etc as the time approaches. As I advised, use your time wisely.