PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AeroPearl/Pearl Aviation
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 11:43
TOPC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Not surprising really.

Apparently as a captain you will be offered 62K.Maybe an extra 6K flight pay .There is a 35K + Bond for 3 years. For maybe a $75k job...Maybe... ?
The average Sunnies/Eastern Dash Captain will easily earn way more than that with allowances and extra incentives,/ booked overnights plus coffee an lunch served by a lovely flighty.
A Dash captain will be doing possibly 600hrs pa plus ...BUT .He will be current,
Wont be required to fly low level in sh%t weather in the middle of the night to accomplish the mission. Be on call for hours..To save someone who really didn't mean to trigger the ELB. He wont be asked to do extra duties .Will be looked after by some form of crewing , and engineering.. etc To make matters more confusing, this is a startup rescue service.
I would have thought this would be a REALLY WELL PAID position (100K+) considering the responsibilities social sacrifices and duties required to uphold such a high standard.
But hey .....what do I know.I thought pay should reflect total effort to any employer.