PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 11:13
Mark 3:16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wretch!

Lister - keep going mate, and I agree about bad as well as good news being posted on this increasingly brilliant thread.

Well, it was finally hour three for me on Saturday, after a cancellation for weather the week before. I remembered some of the stuff, took ages over the pre flight checks, and then got up there.

There was a vague smell of vomit in the plane, and when I questioned this I was told that an earlier trial flight and one student had had some 'problems' due to the turbulence, that really was quite rough. Now, I have never ever had problems with travel sickness, sea sickness or anything, so confidently boasted to the instructor "oh, don't worry about me, I can handle this". How wrong I was.....

We did 30 degree turns, and the move itself wasn't too bad, didn't lose too much height and started to get a good feel for what was required on the controls. And then it hit me. The worst feeling of nausea I have felt in many a year!! The plane was being buffeted all over the place and I had turned green.

Sadly, the rest of the lesson involved me concentrating not on straight and level flight, but on ensuring that I didn't pebbledash the cockpit with the steak baggette I had for lunch. I can't find any reference to this exercise in the Trevor Thom books!! Anyone help?!

Anyway, its not put me off and I'm back up next week weather permitting. I'll be investing in some travel sick tablets and plastic bag, just in case!

Cheers
Mark