PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA set to announce very large loss
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2002, 18:41
jongar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant wait to see what this size and shape thing looks like. BA wont relinquish slots at LHR and its creating a whole new airline at LGW to preserve current slots in order to keep stelios and his satsumas in check. I cant believe that King is still in place. Who knows, maybe BA will concentrate on its transatlantic and other longhaul operations and ditch its shorthaul netowrk into LHR. Maybe service primary airports such as CDG,FRA,MUC,BRU,BCL,DUB,EDI,MAN,GLA and others. Let BMI take up the secondary airports. These other countries have thier own airlines, they have rights to LHR. If the passengers want to fly longhaul with BA they will. a partnership with KLM would help, but I think they need to look at France, our most immediate nieghbour. AF could bring in pax to LHR, via CDG/ORY. But then partnerships are usually illegal. Sod it, to much thinking. Open LHR and let BA take its chances. If it cant become competitive in a protected market, through it in with the sharks, if it swims it swims.

[ 04 February 2002: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]</p>