PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Try your best to be nice
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 06:14
kar200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again everyone and thx a lot for all the replies

I am happy to hear that there is jobs out there around Australia and I knew that i had to relocate myself somwhere else but sydney "where i am living at the moment with my wife"

I forgot to mention that I am a low houred pilot "150 hours single "tb-10, archer, warrior" and "50 hours twin engine PA-44 seminole" and "60 hours simulator"

The thing with my conversion is that it took me so long to just get the approuval from CASA to start the conversion and also i probably paid around $4000 already and i havent started yet "books,class 1 medical,CASA paperwork and all the rest like a couple of flights to just to get familiar to the procedures at bankstown airport"

I know I probably dont seem really motivated although I am still but thinking that i will have to spend probably another 5000 and not be sure of getting a job in that...

and as TurboOtter said which is sad really is that a lot of operators will not pay as much as what you need "needless to say as much as what you deserve" and this is happening all around the world when you see all these guys paying big bucks to get type rated so why would the operators bother anymore if they know that they might easly find someone to hire for free nowadays

So thx guys again for all your replies and it still gives me a little hope about this aviation that i started with passion that is fading slowly with time

thx for listening and for being nice and i have been keeping this for myslef and if you have a look around this forum you diont see much hope "guys with 1000hours considering themselves as low houred pilot struggling for a job"

take care everyone and have a good day